AAHGS Greater Richmond VA
About AAHGS Greater Richmond, VA
- Encourage scholarly studies in local and family history.
- Encourage individuals who desire to share genealogical and historical expertise to enhance the heritage of African Americans.
- Host workshops and seminars, presenting informative speakers on history, genealogy and cultural aspects of our heritage.
- Support and carry out the objectives and policies of the National Society.
Board of Directors:
- President Emeritus - Marilyn Campbell
- Vice President - Ken Montague
- Recording Secretary - Glenda "Jackie" Boyd Harris
- Corresponding Secretary - Artile White
- Membership Committee Chair - Ron Styles
- Program Committee Chair - Ken Montague
- Media Outreach/Publicity Chair - open
AAHGS Greater Richmond, Virginia Chapter
Membership and Dues
- Membership in the National Society is a prerequisite for membership in the Greater Richmond, Virginia Chapter.
- Membership year of the Chapter is from January 1 to December 31 of each calendar year.
- Dues paid after October 1 carry through the following year.
- An active member is one who has met all financial obligations to both the Chapter and National organization.
- Membership dues for the Richmond chapter is $15 for individuals and $20 for family membership.
- Membership dues for National is $35 for individuals and $40 for family membership.
Send completed membership forms & payment to:
Greater Richmond, Virginia Chapter
PO Box 27833
Richmond, VA 23261